James Gowans, the owner of Advanced Waterproofing, established the company in 2000 and has over 20 years of experience in the Waterproofing Industry as a whole. On an average month we install over 20,000 square meters of various approved products and our portfolio consists of contracts carried out for Domestic, Industrial and Commercial clients.
Recently completed contracts include the following:
- Helen Joseph Hospital
- The Glen Shopping Centre – Car Park Deck
- Sandton City Shopping Centre
- The Saxon Hotel
- Menlyn Shopping Centre
- Greenstone Shopping Centre
- Nelson Mandela Square
- Vodaworld Midrand
Advanced Waterproofing specialize in the following:
- Waterproofing of concrete roofs, insulated boarded roofs, lightweight screeded roofs, IBR and corrugated roofs, as well as tiled roofs. We also specialize in the waterproofing of retaining walls, parapet walls, cellars / basements, water features and balconies, in addition to polyurethane waterproofing and sealing of face-bricks externally.
- Damp-proofing of internal/external walls and basements, be it up high or at DPC level, including tanking, slurry-coating and injection. We also specialize in crack repair and re-plastering can be done with various finishes, including Rhinolighting.
- Painting of roofs, internal and external walls, window-frames and sills, burglar proofing, garage doors, doors, gates, ceilings and balustrades. Any wooden areas are thoroughly sanded prior to the application of varnish / oil and all steel-work is treated with a de-rusting agent before painting commences. Advanced Waterproofing also applies anti-corrosive coatings to roofs or any area necessary. Advanced Waterproofing are Approved Plascon and Prominent Paint applicators.
- Insulated roof systems: This system is used to create cool and warm temperatures for both domestic & commercial buildings.
Advanced Waterproofing are proud members of:
- The Waterproofing Association of Gauteng
- The Damp and Waterproofing Association of South Africa.
Guarantees offered, range from Workmanship Guarantees to Ten Year Guarantee, as well as a manufacturer´s back-up guarantee for materials used.
Insurance: Advanced Waterproofing have a Public Liability Policy providing us with an indemnity of Twenty Million Rand against damage to property, in the unlikely event of an accident. Should this amount be insufficient, a meeting can be set up prior to commencement of work, to have this amount increased to suit the necessary requirements.